Do you use Twitter for business?
Ever wondered how you can effortlessly increase engagement and recognition for your brand?
By making a few simple tweaks to your profile and investing a little more time in your conversations on Twitter, you can take your profile to dizzy new heights.
In this article I’m going to uncover 5 quick Twitter Hacks you can implement right now for Twitter stardom…
Your Twitter profile needs to be branded up just like your website – it is a sales tool, after all!
On my Twitter profile I have added my company logo in both the header and profile image. I’ve also linked to OPTIM-EYEZ in the main bio area. The colour schemes are completely in sync with my website.
– Maintain consistency throughout your visual brand
– Promote your best online / offline features and commendations
– Display unique personality
If care isn’t taken, you will end up with disjointed messaging and visuals which means overall confused branding between your social profiles and website – not ideal for recall!
Branding is vital for credibility. Every customer touch-point should be consistent, continual and seamless.
It’s good to break the rules sometimes – and using emojis in your Twitter display name does feel slightly rebellious! Although, it is perfectly legit…
Check out The Next Web:
– Test if your emojis function across browsers and email notifications
– Select emojis that relate to your brand or messaging
– Use the same emojis across multiple social profiles if possible
It’s the emoji revolution and if you’re not with the trend, you’re missing a great chance to stand out!
Yes. I did just tell you to retweet yourself! Why? Because it bumps your original tweet back up into the Twitter newsfeed, making way for even more interaction. Here’s an example from my profile:
— Sam Hurley ➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤ (@Sam___Hurley) August 16, 2016
– Wait 5 minutes then retweet
– Only retweet your best tweets and do it intermittently
– Hell, why not ‘like’ them too!
Every slice of engagement helps boost your tweets’ visibility, so try this now.
You may wish to ‘save’ your final standard retweet by using quoted retweets a few times beforehand. Once you retweet, you cannot retweet again, or retweet with a quote.
I’ve said retweet way too many times and I’m now going to stop to prevent insanity.
This is one of my personal tactics that applies Twitter Lists and animated GIFs, great for strengthening existing bonds and creating new ones. GIFs are incredibly pleasing and viral in nature – people love to receive and share them. They just spread happiness! Here’s one I made earlier:
— Sam Hurley ➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤ (@Sam___Hurley) September 4, 2016
1. On desktop, click the ‘gear’ icon on a profile of interest (you can find instructions for all devices here)
2. Select ‘Add or remove from lists’
3. If you don’t currently have any lists, you now have the chance to create one
4. Choose a suitable name and select whether you want others to be able to see your list or not (for this particular usage, I’d suggest a ‘Private’ list)
5. Once you have your list ready to go, hold (CTRL+F) on PC and open up multiple tabs by clicking each person’s name once
6. Send each person a different GIF with a lovely message and watch your engagement dramatically increase!
– Frequently update your list of favourite people or new prospects
– Engage with them regularly using cool GIFs
– Use the GIF keyboard directly through the Twitter dashboard for speed
GIFs have certainly made a comeback and what better way to keep your friends and fans loyal than to make their day with a fab, animated visual?
Twitter is so fast paced it just doesn’t make any sense to tweet once and be done with that post. It is absolutely fine to post the same tweet multiple times per day! Just space the timings well.
Here’s an example of a repeated post from my Twitter feed:
– Spread your repeated tweets throughout the day
– Include images for attraction or ensure Twitter cards are present
– Gain even more exposure by retweeting your own repeated tweets
I’ll reiterate once more – there is absolutely nothing wrong with repeating your tweets! ;-D Just make certain you are always tasteful and helpful.
What are you waiting for? Start applying these tactics today to maximise your Twitter presence and forge stronger business relationships!
Let me know how you get on rising above the noise…
What do you think of these Twitter hacks? Do you have any to add? Let me know in the comments below!
KPS Digital Marketing Blog Disclosure: If you happen to purchase Joocier after your free trial with the links we have provided, KPS Digital Marketing receive some kind of affiliate compensation. Please know that KPS only recommend programs and services that we have used and truly believe in. If you ever have any feedback about anything we recommend, please let us know as our aim for you is to get great training and results for your business. Sam Hurley is not affiliated with Joocier.
Sam Hurley is a lateral-thinking digital marketer holding 6+ years’ self-expedited experience in both agency and client-side settings before launching his own digital consultancy venture: OPTIM-EYEZ. He has achieved success for SMEs, national to international blue chip organisations while being ranked as the world’s #1 digital influencer by Webinale and #2 most influential digital marketer by Onalytica. He was also recently commended as one of the top 3 content marketing influencers of 2016 by ScribbleLive. Catch him on Twitter for heaps of helpful tweets on entrepreneurship and marketing!