🤔 Have you tried using social media marketing to generate leads and sales?
😠 Are you tired of achieving mediocre or disappointing results due to common social media mistakes?
👀 If this sounds like you then read on to discover the 3 biggest social media mistakes in 2018 and how to fix them.
Whilst your potential customers are on social media, their intent to purchase is pretty low. They aren’t generally looking to purchase products or services.
What they are looking for is interesting, valuable, entertaining and educational content to fulfil some sort of need.
Give them what they want. Build trust and credibility. Nurture those relationships and avoid silly social media mistakes.
Here’s a great example from Hyundai that popped up on my Facebook newsfeed recently. This piece of content would be great to build interest with cold audiences on social media.
2. Interview current customers and find out how you could better serve them on social media. Discover their burning questions, identify challenges they face and how you could better-help them overcome them etc. Once you know all of these things, you can develop a content strategy that truly serves your ideal customers.
3. Research and look at how industry leaders in your niche are relating to their customers through the content they produce. Get inspired!
Despite what you may have heard, there’s no simple 3-step process that will make you a millionaire with social media.
What will help you generate tangible ROI is implementing the right set of processes consistently over a period of time.
I ran the below strategy webinar in partnership with Sendible a while back now, but the strategy development processes I discuss still stands strong.
1. Learn how to develop a social media strategy.
2. Develop your own social media strategy.
3. Implement it and take over the world.
If you don’t have a way of tracking revenue from social media, then it’s difficult to justify the time, resources and energy you invest in it.
The great thing with social media is that almost everything is trackable.
This social media ROI video from Gary Vee still cracks me up – enjoy.
1. Create a rough customer journey map.
2. Outline the communication channel(s) used at each touchpoint.
3. Think logically to work out how you can track when a customer moves from one stage to the next. E.g. you could use Google Analytics or even better Leadfeeder to track when customers go from social media, to different pages on your website.
Must read: 5 tools to measure social media ROI
The #1 most important thing to remember is you need to develop an effective social media strategy.
Within that strategy, you can cover all of the basis and ensure you avoid silly social media mistakes.
Businesses that develop a clear social media marketing strategy will see better results than those that don’t.
Discover how we helped Nicole Bremner (best selling author, tech investor, property developer & speaker) develop an effective social media strategy and why she posted the below message on Instagram.
You know those days when it all clicks? Everything you do makes sense and you can clearly see your way forward? I had that day today. We had a full day of strategizing with the insightful and quite hilarious @danknowlton1. It really was the social media MOT I needed. Can’t wait to bring you some really top content 💙
A post shared by Nicole Bremner | Investor (@nsbremner) on